Monitoring AWS Inspector + Terraform AWS Provider + Spot Pricing
Two brothers discussing all things AWS every week. Hosted by Andreas and Michael Wittig presented by cloudonaut.
Amazon Web Services in Action 3rd Edition out now!
We are happy to announce the official launch of our new book Amazon Web Services in Action 3rd Edition. The 3rd edition contains a new chapter covering containers on AWS: Building modern architectures for the cloud: ECS, Fargate, and App Runner. The chapter starts with the simplest way to deploy containers on AWS: App Runner. After that, we dive into our favorite architecture consisting of ECS to orchestrate containers and Fargate providing a Serverless container infrastructure.
Besides adding a new chapter, we have entirely rewritten chapter 15: Automating deployment: CodeDeploy, CloudFormation, and Packer. Automating the deployments is key to success in the cloud. Therefore, chapter 15 introduces three different options:
- CodeDeploy to roll out new versions of an application among a fleet of EC2 instances.
- Packer to bundle the latest version of an application into an AMI.
- CloudFormation to orchestrate rolling updates of EC2 instances managed by an auto-scaling group.
Buy from Manning use coupon code wittig40 to get 40% off
- Now available: Book Amazon Web Services in Action 3rd Edition
- What is Amazon Inspector?
- Monitoring Amazon Inspector findings
- Kamil Turek contributes to the Terraform AWS Provider
- Farewell to the Era of Cheap EC2 Spot Instances by Eric Pauley
- Fallback to on-demand EC2 instances if spot capacity is unavailable
Do not miss Hot off the Cloud and subscribe to our …