How do you choose the best storage option on AWS?
Choosing storage service is critical when designing a cloud architecture. Read on to learn about the characteristics, limitations, typical use cases, and a decision tree for the following options to store data on AWS:
- Instance Store provides low latency and high throughput block storage for EC2 instances.
- EBS (Elastic Block Storage) provides persistent block storage for EC2 instances.
- EFS (Elastic File System) provides a scalable and fault-tolerant network file system (NFSv4).
- FSx (File System for Windows File Server) provides a fully-managed Windows File Server.
- S3 (Simple Storage Service) provides highly scalable and fault-tolerant object storage.
Looking for a comparison of all database services available on AWS instead? Check out Databases on AWS.
Rapid Docker on AWS: Continuous Deployment of your Web Application and Infrastructure as Code. We promised to ship the Rapid Docker on AWS video course until the end of summer. We are working hard on that goal.
✅ Video Course: Chapter 1
✅ Video Course: Chapter 2
🎥 Video Course: Chapter 3
⬜️ Video Course: Chapter 4