Don't miss our blog post Scaling Container Clusters on AWS: ECS and EKS, the written version of this podcast episode.
ECS with Cluster Auto Scaling
- ECS task lifecycle, new state
PROVISIONINGfor clusters with capacity provider.
- Check out Deep Dive on Amazon ECS Cluster Auto Scaling when interested in more details.
ECS with DIY Auto Scaling
- Scale out with CloudWatch event
- Scale in based on CloudWatch metrics
- Auto Scaling Lifecycle Hooks
- Container Instance Draining
- Check out our open source project widdix/aws-cf-templates including an implementation of the discussed DIY Auto Scaling for ECS clusters.
EKS with Cluster Autoscaler
Our book: Rapid Docker on AWS
Become a Docker on AWS professional! Our book Rapid Docker on AWS is designed for DevOps engineers and web developers who want to run dockerized web applications on AWS. We lead you with many examples: From dockerizing your application to Continuous Deployment and Infrastructure as Code on AWS. No prior knowledge of Docker and AWS is required. Learn more!
We ask for feedback! Please rate or review our podcast on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. Or send us a message via Twitter (Andreas and Michael) or LinkedIn (Andreas and Michael) or send us an email.